Advice first aid – how to support people facing hardship
Tuesday 5 March 2024 | 9.30am to 4.30pm, with lunch provided | Community House, 311 Fore Street, Edmonton, London N9 0PZ
Advice first aid aims to strengthen the capacity of local community groups to support people who face hardship.
This in-person training workshop from Citizens Advice Enfield is solely for representatives of local voluntary and community organisations who can cascade learning and information for the benefit of colleagues and Enfield residents.
Please note that representatives from statutory bodies will be put on a waiting list in the event of any spare places.
By the end of the training session, participants will:
- Have a better understanding of people’s rights in relation to benefits, housing and debt
- Be able to use online resources to find and share information about help with the cost of living
- Be able to identify when someone needs advice and provide signposting or referral
- Be able to identify when an advice referral is needed urgently and make the appropriate referrals
- Have built networks and increased your knowledge of local support.